This service is meant to assess business plans for those farmers who want to apply to financial institutions for funding for start-ups or to rescale (expand, modify, abandon or replace) a project or their existing businesses. The farmer is intensively involved during the assessment process for ownership and is expected to explain and translate some issues that may prove to be difficult for the officer to easily understand.
Citizen and Non-Citizen farmer with:
- A reliable water source (excluding rain-fed production).
- A potential financier.
- An existing project (for those who want to use it to manage or rescale their existing project).
- Submit developed business plan for review at the District Agribusiness Promotion Office.
- Once the assessment of the business plan is complete, the business plan is returned to the farmer who will then submit it to the financial institution to apply for funding or use it as a reference tool for rescaling of an existing project.
- Proof of residence (a certified copy of resident permit for non- citizens).
- A certified copy of a valid National Identity Card (Omang) for citizens.
- A Land Rights Certificate (leased or allocated by Landboard Authorities).
- A developed business plan.
- A land assessment report by relevant departments.
Two (2) weeks.
Email. moa17755 [at] gov.bw
The opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.