The Permit is used primarily by businesses that wish to transport animals/wildlife in and out of Botswana. The Permit is necessary as it restricts movement of animals/wildlife from one place to another. This Permit covers land and air transport. There are no restrictions on the number of animals to be transported and the Permit does not include domestic animals.
Botswana citizens and non-citizens wishing to transport animals in and out of Botswana.
Download, complete and submit Animal Transit Application Form to Department of Wildlife and National Parks.
- Animal/Wildlife Import Permit for those who import
- Animal/Wildlife Export Permit for those who export
- Certified Copy of National Identity Card (Omang)
- Certified Copy of Passport
- Physical Examination of Animal before import and export
Five (5) working days
Fees differ according to the animal products and species as per Wildlife Act of 1992.
Department of Wildlife and National Parks
Plot 50380 Moedi House, Fairgrounds
Tel. (+267) 3971405
Fax. (+267) 3180775
Email: dwnp [at] gov.bw
Opening Hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 12:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.