- This service allows farmers to move animals across the country in order to achieve country wide traceability of animals.
- Animal movement can be for the following purposes; for slaughter, for rearing and translocation.
- Registered Livestock Keeper (citizens and non-citizens legally resident in Botswana)
- Unregistered keeper (Diplomats, Tourists)
- For farmers with access to internet connectivity, apply online using www.baits2.gov.bw
- Farmers without internet connectivity visit BAITS cafes/agent.
- For international permits only a request can be done online but collection of the permit is done at a local DVS office.
- An original and valid Brand Certificate or certified copy
- Valid Keeper ID Card
- An import certificate with conditions from the country you are sending your consignment to.
One (1) working day depending on the quantity of consignment moved.
Department of Veterinary Services (DVS) District Offices and BAITS Café/agent
Email. moa17755 [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: Week days from 7:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, (Monday to Friday) except public holidays.