This service enables Importers and Exporters to import/export the following products; grain-based animal feed for poultry and livestock; sorghum & sorghum products; maize & maize products; millet and millet products; wheat grain; pulses (castor beans, groundnuts); and sunflower seed.
- Registered Businesses (Companies and Hawkers)
- Citizens (Farmers and Individuals)
In order to attain a dried grains import permit, applicants should bring the relevant documents to the nearest authorized Permit Issuing Office where the Authorized Officer will fill in and complete, at the time of request, a permit form with specific details which include;
Quantities and type of locally procured products to be imported as follows;
- 30% of the maize grain and 70% of the maize meal, samp, maize rice or animal feed for poultry and livestock
- 50% of the sorghum grain and 70% of the sorghum meal, sorghum rice or any other processed sorghum product (animal feed).
- Border post of entry
- Country of origin of import
- Endorsement at the border post by Botswana Unified Revenue Services (BURS).
- Proof of local purchase
- A certified copy of valid National Identification card (Omang)
- An original and valid Hawkers or Trading License
- A letter of Authorization to apply on behalf of the Company
- A original and valid Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) Certificate
- A valid Botswana Bureau of Standards (BOBS) Certificates
One (1) working day
Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food Security
Department of Agribusiness Promotion
Private Bag 00298
Tel. (+267) 3689706/3689709
Fax. (+267) 3972381
Email. moa17755 [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday except, public holiday