The Permit regulates and monitors sustainable utilisation of Veldt Products. A Veldt Product means non-domesticated, vegetative biological resources that may be used for construction, medical, food, cultural activities and firewood. The Permit is valid for 30 days from date of issuance.
Who is eligible?
- Citizens of Botswana who are 18 years and above
- Residents with valid resident permits and passports who are 18 years and above
- Non-residents with valid passports who are 18 years and above
How do I get this service?
Download, complete and submit the Veldt Product Exporters Permit Form to the nearest Department of Forestry and Range Resources office.
What supporting documents are required?
- Certified copy of National identity card (Omang)
- Valid residential permit and passport for residents
- Valid passports for non-residents
How long will this service take?
Three (3) working days.
How much does it cost?
Citizens: BWP 500.00
Residents: BWP 1000.00
Non-residents: BWP 2000.00
Where can I get more information on this Service
Department of Forestry and Range Resources
Private Bag 00424, Plot 1272, Loapi house, Old Lobatse Road
2nd floor, office 216
Tel. +267 3985104
Fax. +267 3954051
Email: dfrr [at] gov.bw