To improve accessibility of the scrap metal by local metal foundries/processors before it is exported as a way to facilitate domestic production. Scrap metal dealers are required to apply for export permit should the need to export the scrap metal arise.
Domestic registered scrap metal businesses.
- Download and submit Registration Form to apply to be registered scrap metal exporter at the Department of Industrial Affairs (DIA) with the supporting documents outlined below
- Download and submit Application for Export Permit-scrap at the Department of Industrial Affairs.
- Please note that one application is for one permit, and that the permit issued would be per one truck load or one container.
- The permit is processed by DIA as follows:
- DIA consult whether foundries require the scrap
- (If yes permit application rejected)
- Preparation of the permit by the processing officer
- Authorization of the permit by a senior officer
- (Non) Issuance of the permit to the applicant depends on results of processing by ministry
- Return permit is then returned to DIA (with SAD 500 attached).
Please note that step 1 (registration is only done once), and then subsequently the applicant continues from step 2 (application for the permit).
- Copy of Salvage yards license (obtained from Department of Waste Management and Pollution Control)
- BURS Tax Clearance certificate
- National Identity Card (Omang) /Passport of Managing Director
- Copies of Registration of Incorporation or Business Registration Certificate
- Copies of Shareholding certificates
- SAD 500
Ten (10) working days.
Department of Industrial Affairs
Central Business District (CBD)
Private Bag 0014
Tel. (+267) 3957406
Fax. (+267) 3972910
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, except public holidays