This is made for condonation, variation, rescission, reinstatement or any other preliminary or interlocutory application or application incidental to any proceedings pending before court.
Any aggrieved party who would wish to have the order/judgment rescinded, and or varied as cited in terms of Rule 30 of the Industrial Court Rules or who would like to apply for reinstatement of the case that was previously struck off the roll for failure to appear as scheduled by the court.
In order to file an interlocutory application, follow the steps below.
- Get a copy of the Court order/Judgment to the court registry.
- Complete form 3 - Notice of Motion as near as can be in terms of the schedule.
- Founding affidavit (stating the grounds on which the applicant seeks to have the order/judgment varied/rescinded).
- If it is an application for the reinstatement of the case, the applicant must file an affidavit to explain the reasons for his/her failure to appear at court as scheduled.
- File and serve the application to the respondent(s).
- File proof of service and wait for any response from the respondent(s).
- Application is enrolled for a hearing on a date to be decided upon by the court.
The court will then hear the application on the date set and make its determination.
Once the application has been delivered to the Judge for enrollment, the process is expected to be completed within approximately three (3) months.
This service is offered for free.
For more information, please refer to the Industrial Court Rules or contact the office listed below.
Industrial Court of Botswana
Private Bag BR 267
Phone: (+267) 3900565
Fax: (+267) 3900567
Facebook: Industrial Court of Botswana
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, except weekends and public holidays.
Additional information can also be obtained in the Industrial Court Rules