Waste carrier licence is a permit issued for a vehicle that meets the requirements for transportation of the specific waste that to carry, that is:
- General waste (Domestic or commercial, non-hazardous solid waste,)
- Hazardous waste (Untreated medical waste, batteries, used oil and others)
Other non-hazardous waste that is neither general nor hazardous waste (scrap metal, crushed tins, bottles, paper and plastic).
Citizens and Non-Citizens eighteen (18) years and above.
- Download, complete and submit the Waste Carrier Application Form to the Department of Waste Management and Pollution Control
- Bring vehicle for inspection
- Licence will be issued in person
- Receipt of payment of licensing fee
- Company Certificate of Incorporation (certified copy)
- Vehicle Registration Book (certified copy)
- BA permit (certified copy)
- Affidavit or sworn statement that the registered owner of the vehicle has leased it to the applicant (if not registered under the applicant)
- PrDp – Hazardous (certified copy)
- Training certificate(s) on at least one of the following undergone by members;
- Both Fire Fighting & First Aid (certified copies) OR
- Safety, Health & Environment (certified copy) OR
- Occupational Health & Safety (certified copy)
- Accident response plan – Detailing procedures to be followed in case of an accident or emergency occurrence during transportation.
- Authorisation from the final disposer (e.g. council’s authorization for disposal by incineration at the landfill)
Within five (5) working days after the vehicle has passed inspection.
BWP 110.00 licensing fee (charged per vehicle).
Across all Department of Waste Management and Pollution Control in Botswana.
Opening hours: Monday-Friday from 0730hrs-1530hrs excluding public holidays and weekends.