The license is granted to those who wish to fish for recreational/sport purposes. In Botswana, open fishing season is between March 1st and December 31st annually. Fishing is allowed in all water bodies.
Citizens and Non-Citizens who are 18 years of age and above.
- Download, complete and submit Recreational Fishing License form with supporting documentation to any nearest Wildlife & National Park offices
- Those who wish to fish at the camps/lodges should bring the letter from the camp and for the dams they need the entrance permit from Water Utilities Corporation
- Citizens: Certified copy of valid National Identity Card (Omang)
- Non-Citizens: Certified copy of Passport
- Letter from the Lodge/camp
- Permit from Water Utilities Corporation
Two (2) hours.
Department of Wildlife and National Parks
Plot 50380 Moedi House, Fairgrounds
Tel. (+267) 3971405
Fax. (+267) 3180775
Email: dwnp [at] gov.bw
Opening Hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 12:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.