The Trophy Dealer Licence is required by individuals who want to sell or deal in wildlife trophies (animal products). It is utilised by the Department of Wildlife and National Parks to monitor wildlife “trophy selling” activities within Botswana. All “Sellers” or “Dealers” are expected to show this Licence upon request. This Licence is valid for a period of 1 year, it is renewable and not transferable.
Citizens and non-citizens who are 18 years of age and above.
- Complete and Submit the Trophy Dealer’s Licence Form with supporting documentation in person or by post.
- Notification of inspection of the premises within which trophies are sold/held will be communicated by telephone or surface mail.
- A license will be issued following approval of the premises and payment of fees.
- Citizens - Certified copy of National Identity Card (Omang)
- Non-Citizens - Certified copy of Passport
- Certified copy of land ownership certificate or letter of consent from landlord (if land is leased) or Title Deed
Eight (8) working days.
- Citizens: BWP 150.00
- Non-Citizen: BWP 2000.00
Department of Wildlife and National Parks
Plot 50380 Moedi House, Fairgrounds
Tel. (+267) 3971405
Fax. (+267) 3180775
Email: dwnp [at] gov.bw
Opening Hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.