Those whose applications have been rejected by the Regional Immigration Selection Boards (RISB) may appeal to the Minister of Employment, Labour Productivity and Skills Development within thirty (30) days.
An aggrieved non-citizen by the decisions of RISB
- Appeal through Regional Labour Offices.
- Receive Files from the Regions.
- Registration of Appeal according to dates received.
- Committee Meeting for Recommendation to the Minister.
- If approved by the Minister, issuance of Work Permit and Collection by applicant.
- If not approved issuance of rejection letter.
- Send file to Department of Immigration and Citizenship for preparation of Residence Permit.
- Letter of Appeal to the Minister of Employment, Labour Productivity and Skills Development
- Copy of Rejection letter
- Any additional information justifying the appeal
Ministry of Employment, Labour Productivity and Skills Development
Head Office, Block 8, Government Enclave, Khama Crescent
Private Bag 516, Gaborone, Botswana
Tell: +(267) 373 2700 / 2600
Fax: + (267) 397 5665
District Contact Number
Department of Labour and Social Security
Head office, Gaborone
Tel. (+267) 37372772
Gaborone Regional Labour Office I
Opening hours: 7:30 am to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.