It is a permit used by operators who convey goods for a single trip using commercial motor vehicles issued at the border.
Who is eligible?
- Any locally-registered business, citizen or resident that is the owner of a passenger vehicle.
- Non-citizens can apply under locally registered companies only.
How do I get this service?
- Download and complete Form RTS 1 - Application for Initial Grand or Amendment or Renewal of Road Transport Permit and submit along with supporting documents to the Transport Controller at any of the permit-issuing offices of the Department of Road Transport and Safety. Applications forms are also available at the enquiries desk at DRTS offices across the country.
- Pay the required fees. It is at this point that the permit is granted.
What supporting documents are required?
- Copy of vehicle registration book
- Valid vehicle roadworthiness certificate
- Valid permit from country of origin
- Consignment Note
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation (companies).
- Copy of one director's National ID (companies).
- Copy of Shareholder's Certificates (companies).
- Copy of business proposal (companies).
- Expired permit (renewals).
- Expired token (renewals).
How long will this service take?
How much does it cost?
As per the pricing schedule provided.
Where can I obtain this service?
Permit issuing offices- Department of Road Transport and Safety
- Gaborone Old Supplies Office
- Selebi Phikwe